The Visitor Center is near the monument’s only entrance. Various displays and publications along with a short film about the geology of the area help to orient visitors. Ranger-led walks are available in summer and cover topics such as wildlife, flowers, plants, or geology. Self-guiding tours and displays are available year-round and are easily accessible from the Loop Drive.
The caves are open to visitors but flashlights are needed except in Indian Tunnel and some form of head protection is highly recommended when exploring any of the caves.
Tips For Visiting:
- The caves are free to the public.
- Some form of head protection is highly recommended when exploring any of the caves.
- Flashlights are highly recommended
Directions From Rexburg:
- Head north on S 3rd W toward W 1st S
- Follow ID-33 W and US-20 W/US-26 W/US-93 S toN Laidlaw Park Rd in Blaine County
- Turn left onto ID-33 W
- Turn right onto US-20 W/US-26 W
- Turn left onto 2930 W/3100 N
- Turn right onto 3100 N
- Turn left onto US-20 W/US-26 W/US-93 S
- Continue on N Laidlaw Park Rd to your destination
Caves, Free, Outdoors, Ranger-led walks, Self-Guided Trails, Visitors Center