Ashton Reservoir is located just north of Ashton along Henry’s Fork of the Snake River, provides excellent trout fishing, water skiing, and canoeing. There is a power plant at the dam just west of Ashton and a beautiful ribbon waterfall by this dam. The Reservoir and facilities are maintained by Utah Power and Light Company personnel.
Tips for Visiting:
- covers 50 acres.
- a body of water that covers 400 acres.
- fish are planted annually.
- is a popular spot used as an exit point for float trips that begin at Warm River.
Directions From Rexburg ID:
- Get on US-20 E. from ID-33 W
- Merge onto US-20 E (about 25 miles)
- Continue on E 1300 N to your destination (3.5 miles)