This lake is formed from the Henry’s Fork of the Snake River. It is a beautiful lake surrounded by lodgepole pine trees, with fantastic fishing, and located only about 60 miles north of Rexburg. This large reservoir is popular for boating, fishing and water skiing. Visitors may drive across the top of the dam for scenic views of the Centennial Mountains and Box Canyon.
Island Park Reservoir’s body of water covers 8,400 acres. Boat ramps/docks are located at Buttermilk Campground, Island Park, Lakeside Lodge, McCrea Bridge Campground, Mill Creek and the West end. Camping is also available at Buttermilk, McCrea Bridge, Mill Creek and West End.
- Island Park Reservoir has 5 Boat Launch Sites
- Great fishing spot in the summer and ice fishing in the winter
- Island Park Dam
Directions From Rexburg:
- Merge onto US-20 E from Rexburg
- Continue on Kilgore-Yale Rd. Take Buttermilk Loop Rd to Bills Loop Rd/Deer Ln
- 3900 Bills Loop Road, Island Park, ID 83429