Fall Creek Falls is a must-see for all waterfall enthusiasts here in Idaho. With an elevation of 5,280 feet and a 60-foot descent into the Snake River, Fall Creek Falls widen as it drops and a natural fountain forms on each side of the middle cataract. It is a spectacular view to behold and a wonderful adventure for a day.
At Fall Creek Fall there are rarely other people, and it is easy to access. The Sunset and Sunrise are remarkable. Fishing, Kayaking, Canoeing and more can be done from this area and all around the Snake River. Fall Creek Falls is much larger than it appears. Wade through the river and discover the surrounding islands. Bring some warm clothes if you plan on getting wet.
Tips For Visiting:
- Not crowded
- Camping is free
- Hiking -wear sturdy shoes
- Awesome sunsets and sunrises
- Water sports on the Snake River
- Definitely bring your camera
Directions From Rexburg ID:
- Head south toward Idaho Falls on Hwy 20.
- Turn right onto US-26 E/Northgate Mile. Continue to follow US-26 E
Exit south onto the gravel Snake River-Palisades Dam Road and proceed 1.4 miles
- Park at the wide spot in the road and walk a short distance to the falls
Family Fun, Free, scenic, Seasonal, Tent camping, Waterfalls