The Rexburg Tabernacle was purchased from the LDS Church after the Teton Dam collapsed and flooded the surrounding communities. This building sustained major damage. But after extensive renovation, the Teton Flood Museum opened the summer of 1982 in the basement of the Rexburg Tabernacle. Currently, the Tabernacle is maintained by the City of Rexburg.
In the renovation process the city was able to have the building listed on the national Register of Historic Places. The grounds have picnic tables for public use and are maintained by the city of Rexburg.
The building is used as a civic auditorium which seats 1000 people and is well known for its excellent acoustics. An Austin pipe-organ was restored to enhance the many musical programs which are offered here.
- Civic Auditorium
- Seating for 1000
- Pipe Organ