Trying to beat the heat in Rexburg? From a nice, cold treat to doing things in your own backyard! There are always ways to cool down in the summer.
- Hose Tag- This is a super fun and easy game! All you need is a hose! Create 3 to 4 bases and set it up like a baseball diamond. Have one person be the “It” person who controls the garden hose. The “it” person stands in the middle of the diamond with the hose. The person who is in the center tries to spray you with the hose. If you are “tagged” by the water when you are not touching a base, you are it. The person controlling the hose has to stay within 5 feet of their mound to get you. You are only allowed to stay on the bases for 5 seconds so you must constantly change bases.
- Squirt Gun Fun- All you need are some squirt guns and buckets. You can buy these almost anywhere, but the cheapest place would be the dollar store, located by McDonalds on N. 2nd E. St. You can buy a pack of two squirt guns for a dollar (tax not included). Another fun variation is the 26″ H2O Blasters® Water Squirters. These fun toys are shaped like an enormous crayon! You can get one of these for only $1.00! Getting squirted by this is sure to cool you down.
- Water Balloon Tag- This game is so much fun and will get you cool in no time! You can get your water balloons from Walmart- 500 for $5.00 or Dollar Tree- 100 for $1.00. If you are looking for quality, go with Walmart. Dollar Tree’s water balloons are very thin and easy to pop. (which in some ways makes it more fun!) If you don’t want to blow up 100 or more water balloons by hand, you can buy 100 self-filling water balloons for about $8.00. For this game give everyone a plastic grocery bag. Give them an equal amount of water balloons and let the fun begin. If you are hit by a water balloon, you must sit out until the person who hit you gets hit.
Delicious ways to Keep Cool
- Karie Anne’s- Karie Anne’s combine Italian ice with custard to create a mixture of wonderful flavors! The Gelati is a layered dessert. The bottom layer is Italian ice, then custard, and then another Italian ice. One bite of this mouthwatering dessert will leave you wanting more! Some of the Italian ice flavors include Strawberry, Green Apple, Blue Raspberry, Mango, Peach, and Red Raspberry, with the custard flavors being chocolate and vanilla. With so many flavors, there is an endless amount of combinations. Some of the two fantastic Gelati mixtures include Tiger’s Blood and Pina Colada. Tiger’s blood is a mixture of strawberry and coconut Italian ice with vanilla custard. Pina Colada includes pineapple and coconut Italian ice and vanilla custard. They are located on 2nd East next to Mountain America Credit Union.
- Wendy’s Frosty and Fries- If you are truly an Idahoan, you love potatoes! The perfect way to eat potatoes and stay cool is to eat potatoes with Frosties! At first glance, this sounds disgusting! But this mix of flavors is truly something you won’t want to miss out on! You can buy a small frosty and a small fry for about $2.00! All you have to do is dip the french fries in the frosty, and you have a wonderfully delicious Idahoan treat!
- Snowasis- This delicious yet inexpensive treat will cool you off in an instant. Their snow cones are the perfect treat for a hot summer day. There are so many flavors and so many different mixes! Here are two great flavor combinations that will rock your taste buds! Combine these flavors: Raspberry, Peach, and Pineapple to make a delicious snow cone that tastes a lot like Peach Rings (you may have to pay extra for the extra syrup)! Another delicious snow cone flavor is green apple syrup and caramel sauce. This tasty flavor combination tastes almost exactly like Caramel Apple Suckers.