Beaver Dick Park was named after “Beaver Dick” (Richard Leigh) who was one of the last of the real mountain men of this valley. This is a great camping place for scouts or family because camping spots are free. You must reserve all spots through the parks and rec organization. Please call: (208) 356-3139 Also, small shelters at the park can be reserved for a small fee.
Beaver Dick Park is 7 miles west of Rexburg which is out by “R” Mountain. Henry’s Fork River passes next to the campground. This makes it ideal for fishing and other water sports. There are also fire pits, pavilions, bathrooms, and a playground.
It is maintained by Madison County Parks and Recreation Department. This park was a project of the Idaho Transportation Department and the Rexburg Rotary Club.
Beaver Dick Park also has a boat dock and a floating dock on the Henry’s Fork River. However, this is an advanced swimming area because of currents, so wear life jackets and don’t let small children swim here. Only swim during lower water flows.
Tips For Visiting:
- Each campsite has picnic tables and campfire rings
- No water is available, bring your own
- Small floating swimming dock for advanced swimmers
- Use life jackets and only swim during lower water flows
- Beaver Dick Park is open to the public seven days a week
- It is occupied on a first come first served basis
- Reservations can be made by calling 356-3139 and paying a fee for shelters
Directions From Rexburg:
- Head west on Main Street until it turns to Hyw 33 ( About 9 minutes)
- Slow down as you pass over the Henry’s Fork River.
- The park will be on your left-hand side with a sign. (Beaver Dick Park) .
For Reservations for shelters:
Please call: (208) 356-3139Boating, Camping, Fishing, Playgroud, Restroom, Swimming